Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sydney

My first couple days where spent in paradise, aka Coogee, with my cousin’s amazingly hospitable and awesome girlfriend Jackie who is doing an exchange here. We spent a ton of time on the beach, and she introduced me to a bunch of her friends here. Seeing how well adjusted, accepted and comfortable she is in her new home, in her neighbourhood and with a slew of new BFFs, it was getting me excited to also settle down here well enough to make it feel at home.

…Until then though, I am hostelling it up! Yesterday was the first day Mark and I spent in central Sydney. We visited the Circular Quay, which is where the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House is found. Although I am not one to care much about touristy things like that, there is no questioning the amazingness of the Sydney Opera House, where pictures just can’t do it justice. Apparently, the architect died before seeing the finished product in person. That seems to be a common story of a lot of cool building’s architect. Noted.

Finally, I spent my first night in a hostel last night where I met lots of fun people from all over the world, and of course, dance partied! Nothing like a bonding dance party. Woohoo!

1 comment: